STUDY IN UK - STUDENT VISA (TIER -4)
BEST OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY, WORK & SETTLE IN UK
There is something unique about the United Kingdom. It has a rich, multicultural atmosphere that you will not find anywhere else in the world because of the thousands of families from around the world that have decided to live in the UK.
The number of international students studying only in England is over 200,000 every year. That figure is even higher for those studying in the UK. Students studying in the United Kingdom will find a diverse culture.
Since you will interact with such a wide variety of people, your experience will be even richer since you will be able to mix and meet people from all over the world. This will give you a glimpse into other cultures and countries you might not have been able to encounter at home.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A UK (TIER-4) STUDENT VISA?
To Apply for Entry to the UK on a Student Visa, one must be:
- An overseas student who wants to study in the UK, or
- Already in the UK, and wishing to remain in the UK to study, or
- Already in the UK and wanting to switch to the Student Visa category
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDENT VISA:
You must meet the following criteria to Successfully Apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa
- Offer Letter from UK higher education institution
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number from your UK educational institution
- Meet minimum financial requirements to live, pay tuition fee, and cover expenses while in the UK
- Nationality from an English-speaking country, or
- An accepted English language degree, or
- Have proof of English language proficiency ( “IELTS, TOEFL, PTE” ), scores
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A TIER-4 GENERAL STUDENT VISA:
To successfully apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa, you will need to submit the following (a non-exhaustive list of) documents with your application:
- Your Passport or other valid travel document
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
- Proof (in the form of bank statements or other financial documents) that you can pay for your course fees and support yourself throughout the time you spend studying
- Proof that your parent or guardian consent to you coming to the UK if you are under 18 years old, proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
- The results of your Tuberculosis Test if you are required to have one
AVERAGE COST OF STUDYING IN UK:
- The tuition fees vary between 4 countries that comprise the UK: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The fees for study in UK depend on the type of program you choose and the university you decide to study at, as well as where in the UK you plan to study.
- Studying in the United Kingdom is a good return on investment, the average costs in the UK are comparatively lower than in Australia or the United States.
- UK graduates are among the most employable in the world.
- With an overall score of 96.7, University of Oxford is at #7 among the Top 10 universities in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022.
- Average £ 10,000 – £ 26,000 per year
- Average £ 800 – £ 1300 per month
Students are allowed to work 20 hrs per week while study time and full-time during holidays.
Medical degrees at UK Universities might cost more.
Many of the UK Master’s degrees might be completed in 1 year, thereby amounting to lower living costs and subsequent faster entry into employment. Do check the cost of course fees with the UK college or university you are applying to.
Generally, the information will be mentioned on their official website.
UK STUDENT VISA
As per the latest data, student visa applications to the UK, from India, have increased by 89%. Under such circumstances, efforts are being made to improve the processing time for UK study visa. Students, who wish to study in the UK for more than 6 months, need to know about the following 3 UK Study Visas:
- Student Visa: This visa category is for students coming to the UK for higher education. It was formerly termed as Tier 4 (General) Student Visa, popularly called as Tier 4 Student Visa.
- Dependent Visa: This visa is for Spouse who wish to fly along with the person already in UK as a dependent. The one can apply for study visa & also apply for the work permit.
- Child Student Visa: This visa is for children who are between 4 and 17 years and wish to study at an independent school in the UK. It was formerly termed as Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa.
Intakes for Applying to Study in UK
Studying in the UK is very competitive, so students should know what are the best admissions requirements to apply to the top universities in the UK.
Three intakes each year take place: January, May, and September. There is a significant difference between the January intake (Spring) and the September intake (Fall), in terms of course volume. Although it is the most in-demand intake of all the UK intakes, certain universities provide excellent courses for the January intake as well.
Almost all overseas students choose to come to the January or September intakes. May is also a suitable month for some courses. In the case of a scorecard shortage, skip the rush and submit your application for the next intake instead.
UK EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
UK offers a wide array of courses in different fields for specialization which ensures that students more often than not find the course they want to study, in UK. The ambitions of the students are thus never thwarted for the lack of opportunities as there are plenty. And since no university charges any application fees, it gives student from all over the world to apply to many universities at once which gives them more options.
The qualifications the UK universities ask for are usually excellent academic records as well as good scores on IELTS for admissions in any course. Admissions usually start in September though a few take admissions in Jan/Feb as well. Once admitted the student is exposed to modern technique of teaching with the entire essentials one would need which ensures that the student will gain a wholesome education and find success after the end of their course.
ADVANTAGES OF HAVING A TIER-4 GENERAL STUDENT VISA
Students from all over the world pursue an ambition to learn at one of the world-renowned educational institutions in the UK.
The Tier 4 (General) Student Visa allows you to live and study in the UK, and subject to meeting relevant requirements you can work up to 20 hours per week during term time and full time during off-term time. You may also be able to bring your immediate family with you while you are studying.
REASONS FOR POPULARITY OF EDUCATION IN UK
Over the years the country has emerged as one of the prime locations for high quality studies. The rich educational system offers wholesome knowledge in a vast number of courses. The wide variety of courses include programs like Masters in Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Business Administration, Arts & Literature which are still very popular.
UK still boasts of some of the most reputed educational institutes in the world like Oxford, Cambridge etc. These institutes still hold a lot of merit and pulls students from all over the world for a degree from them. As poof of the high standard of education, UK houses some of the best scientists and the most respected noble laureates of the world.